About Me

My design back ground is in Textiles and Surface Pattern Design but it was during my MA in Multi Disciplinary Print Making at U.W.E that I was introduced to the Art of Enamelling. During this time i began experimenting with contemporary enamelling techniques incorporating various print procedures. Soon after completing my Masters I had a little girl called Eve Florence, so things were put on hold for a while...well 3 years to be precise. Last year i was awarded an Arts Council of Wales Project grant which has enabled me to further investigate this medium. I am now the proud owner of a lovely enamel kiln. The results and experiments of which will be posted on this blog!

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Transfer printing onto vitreous enamel

Previously, I have screen printed my own transfers, although a lengthy process they seem far more user friendly and more robust in the kiln. The decals I have had digitally printed are difficult to get spot on and a little frustrating to use.
I intend to experiment with the kiln ramp rate, slowing the temperature up to max to see if that helps.


These photo's are my first experiments with my new kiln showing both types of decal, hand printed and digital.  I have used imagery from vintage postcards and handwritten lists, showing measurements and weights of wool and knitting yarn! the names of the different types of yarn are great, Big chief, Penguin Tweed, Beehive Bouclet.

No comments:

Post a Comment